We truly appreciate your support in the fight for economic justice! With your help, we can continue the fight to achieve fair wages, decency, and human rights. Thank you for being part of this vital mission. Together, we can make a positive difference!
If you read nothing else, read this:
- Architects of Justice 2023! It was an amazing and inspiring evening of changemakers celebrating our common commitment to building a just society.[read more]
- 2023 Local 11 Leadership Convention! Rev. Jennifer Gutierrez recently attended the UNITE HERE/Local 11 Convention in Downtown Los Angeles, where she was given a platform to share her wisdom and passion for making an impact on worker justice. [read more]
- Immigration! We are excited to announce a new partnership this year with LA Episcopal Diocese “Sacred Resistance”. [read more]
- Hospitality And Tourism Workers in LA! Faith leaders from Santa Monica, the Westside, and throughout Los Angeles came together with UNITE HERE Local 11 and hundreds of hospitality and tourism workers. [read more]
- Hospitality Workers! CLUE Long Beach is joining hospitality workers from UNITE HERE Local 11 to support them in fighting for a new dignified contract. [read more]
Thank you for being a part of the CLUE community.
It was an amazing and inspiring evening of changemakers celebrating our common commitment to building a just society. Faith leaders, community advocates, and public servants came together to honor workers and activists! Thank you for joining us, and thank you for sustaining the organized, connected, interfaith movement for justice! We are called to work together. And we WILL create a society where everyone is welcome and every worker is valued.
Thanks to incredible donors like you, Architects of Justice raised $50,000. We simply would not be where we are without you. And as we said last night, our work is not done. You can still support Architects of Justice and ask your friends to join you. No amount is too small, and every dollar counts in fueling the movement for justice!
2023 Local 11 Leadership Convention!
Our faith and community allies were blessed to be there in solidarity, and engage in profound conversations about the ways in which we will show up in solidarity with hospitality workers this year! CLUE’s Executive Director, Reverend Jennifer Gutierrez, also spoke from the stage where she was given a platform to share her wisdom and passion for helping make an impact on workers’ issues and lead the community allies in a pledge of solidarity.
We are excited to announce a new partnership this year with LA Episcopal Diocese “Sacred Resistance” by welcoming Naomi Welikala to join CLUE for the next six or seven months to work on immigration justice. Naomi will be educating, organizing, and mobilizing faith communities to walk in intimate solidarity with immigrants in the pursuit of justice and dignity.
Hospitality And Tourism Workers In LA!
Our faith leaders from Santa Monica, the Westside and throughout Los Angeles came together with UNITE HERE Local 11 and hundreds of hospitality and tourism workers outside the Airports Council International – North America Conference in Santa Monica! LAX is the nation’s 5th busiest airport, but workers report that rents are too high and the minimum wage is too low. Our faith communities joined these inspiring workers on their march, together demanding a living wage and affordable housing now. Our faith leaders joined the workers for a rousing march through heart of Santa Monica and shared their spiritual support and solidarity with the workers!
CLUE Long Beach is joining hospitality workers from Unite Here Local 11 to support them in fighting for a new dignified contract. We organized an Ash Wednesday service at the second negotiation between the Hyatt Regency and Hyatt Centric managers and their workers. More than 25 workers received the ashes and joined the negotiation. The presence of faith leaders and community members brought encouragement to the workers and held the hotel managers accountable at the negotiation table that day.