We Are Finding Our Power!
Join Us Thursday, October 20, 2022
8:30 a.m.to 10:00 a.m. Program
7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. Breakfast & VIP Reception
Huffington Center @ St. Sophia’s Cathedral Los Angeles
This year’s Giants of Justice Awards will celebrate faith and community leaders building power to radically transform the world.
We are excited to announce IKAR as our second 2022 Giants of Justice honorees! The leading edge Jewish community is transforming faith-rooted justice work with its Minyan Tzedek program.
They join the workers of the Chateau Marmont! These courageous workers persevered in the pursuit of justice, winning when others said it was impossible.
Pastor Eddie Anderson of McCarty Memorial Christian Church, a fierce advocate for the faithful pursuit of justice, will be our keynote speaker.
Join us as for an inspiring breakfast to benefit CLUE and fuel the organized, connected, interfaith movement for justice in Los Angeles County!
Giants of Justice celebrates the idea
that when we stand in solidarity,
lifting up the dignity of workers and immigrants
and demanding justice in the workplace,
we win. And people’s lives are transformed.
We look forward to seeing you!
Clergy and Laity United for Economic Justice unites low-wage workers, religious leaders, and community members across religions and regions to build an economy that works for EVERYONE.
“Power at its best is love implementing the demand of justice.”Martin Luther King, Jr.
Thank you, Giants of Justice Host Committee!
- Rabbi Aryeh Cohen, PhD, American Jewish University; Rabbi in Residence, Bend the Arc:
- Jewish Action
- Rabbi Neil Comess-Daniels, Rabbi Emeritus, Beth Shir Shalom, Santa Monica
- Rev. Jim Conn, Community Activist, United Methodist Church (retired)
- Rev. David Farley, Community Activist, United Methodist Church (retired)
- Joan Harper, Community Activist, Founder Fair Trade LA
- Rev. James M. Lawson, Civil Rights Leader, Pastor Emeritus at Holman UMC
- Bishop Mary Ann Swenson, World Council of Churches, United Methodist Bishop (retired)
- Vivian Rothstein, Community Activist
- Rev. Dr. Najuma-Smith-Pollard, Center for Religion and Civic Culture
- Shakeel Syed, Executive Director, South Asian Network
- Kent Wong, Director, UCLA Labor Center