CLUE continues to herald the call for comprehensive immigration reform that keeps families together, offers opportunity and hope to young people, and respects all working people.
Sacred Resistance and Sanctuary
CLUE was quick to respond to the Trump Administration's attacks on undocumented and AMEMSA communities. We are preparing LA and OC's communities of faith to effectively defend their neighbors both in the new reality, and under any number of possible futures. Sign on to receive updates about this rapidly-developing movement.
For Sanctuary Congregations:
For Rapid Responders:
- Raid Intake Sheet (Eng)
For the Undocumented Community:
- Join our Sacred Resistance and Sanctuary coalition by responding to the survey here. Sign up for any or all of these specific needs and resources:
- Receive updates about the national sanctuary movement
- Support federal/state legislative reforms
- Write an article about your experience
- Help immigrants fill out prosecutorial discretion packets
- Accompany immigrants to court
- Help families and individuals relocate
- Shelter families and individuals who have deportation orders
- Join a Rapid Response network to show up on the site of raids
- Commit to risk arrest in acts of Civil Disobedience at key political moments
- Questions? Write to Guillermo at email@example.com.
Unaccompanied Central American Refugee Empowerment (UCARE)
CLUE in action to support unaccompanied minors.
In 2014, CLUE convened key city officials, faith leaders, community organizers, nonprofit legal and mental health service providers to build a network of support for Central American refugee children and their families as well as to engage congregations in responding to the humanitarian crisis. In the summer of 2015, CLUE clergy and organizers, various other organizations, and press went to the Central American-Mexican border to delegate, pronounce solidarity with the unaccompanied minors and their families, and witness first-hand the injustices these young refugees were facing as well as the services that are available and limited to them.
Our past support of national and statewide policy work: The Dream Act, and the New Sanctuary Movement, have showed us the power and potential of the interfaith community’s role in bringing about this change. Previously, we joined the folks at Children Over Politics in prayer, support, and solidarity as they fasted for one week to raise awareness around the humanitarian crisis surrounding refugee children from Central America.
We believe that the interfaith religious community has a unique and prophetic role to play in calling, once and for all, for comprehensive immigration reform. This is not just a legal issue — it is a moral, social, and family issue. CLUE will act, and we hope you will join us on the journey.
- Immigrant Families Are Not Poker Chips: An Open Letter to President Obama - Bishop Minerva Carcaño
- I Was One Of Them - Yamilex Rustrian
- El Drama Los Migrantes Es Peor De Lo Que Se Pensaba (video) - Noticiero Cierre de Edición - June 24, 2015
- In Court, 'Guardian Angels' Aim to Help Immigrants Facing Deportation - LA Times - February 17, 2015
- LA Youth Fast for Central American Youth - 'We Are Just Like Those Kids’ - New America Media - July 25, 2014
- Talk to your congregation about this issue, and have CLUE come to your congregation for a presentation on Central American unaccompanied minors
- Host an item drive or help raise funds for Central American refugee children
- Contact Guillermo at firstname.lastname@example.org to ask where you can volunteer your time and talents
- DONATE to empower our continued involvement and advocacy today!